Join Amy Weintraub and internationally reknowned Yoga research neuroscientist Dr Shirley Telles and Dr. Kathryn Shafer a yoga and mental health and addiction professional for the Level 1 Training in the Bahamas.
Registration is now open. Link: http://www.sivanandabahamas.org/course.php?course_id=3124&var=amy%20weintraub&range=a
Course Details: In this certification course, learn an evidence-based yoga protocol to help students and clients focus, relax, and have greater access to feeling states. This program interweaves ancient yogic wisdom with current findings in neurobiology. Yoga teachers and mental-health professionals will learn strategies appropriate for a clinical setting that can safely release chronically held physical tension and repressed emotion. In the process of learning Yogic techniques to help clients manage their moods and increase self-efficacy, you will also be practicing tools for self-care.
Guest Teacher: Dr. Shirley Telles. Amy Weintraub will be assisted by Rose Kress, a yoga teacher (RYT 500), a LifeForce Yoga Educator and Mentor and a Functional Yoga Therapist; and Kathryn Shafer, PhD, LCSW, CAP, RYT500, an addictions specialist, an experienced psychotherapist and a LifeForce Yoga Practitioner.
- Design one-on-one yoga sessions for dysthymia (chronic depression), anxiety-based depression, PTSD, and bipolar disorder.
- Learn breathing and meditation practices for addressing dysthymia and anxiety-based depression.
- Add somatic strategies to your clinical practice and yoga classes that increase your clients’ self-awareness, self-acceptance, self-esteem, and ability to cope.
- Experience techniques you can teach your clients and students to do at home.
- Practices will include asana (postures), pranayama and kriya (breathing and cleansing), mantra (chanting), bhavana (development of the mind), sankalpa (resolve and intention), mudra (hand gestures), meditation, therapeutic long holding of postures and Nondual strategies for working with negative self-talk.
- Take home tools and confidence for working with individuals suffering from depression and anxiety.
Certifications & Credits
- Participants earn a Level One LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Certification.
- Yoga Alliance CEUs
- This program is eligible for Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Mental Health Counselors, Nurses, and Certified Addiction Professionals in Florida.
Registration Details: The Training begins at 6am on April 6th. Please plan to arrive on the 5th. If you are coming from the west coast, or tend to suffer from jet lag, you may wish to arrive on the 4th.
Registration Form Link: http://www.sivanandabahamas.org/applications/registration.php?course_id=3124
Housing Information: http://www.sivanandabahamas.org/page.php?page_id=28
Shirley Telles Ph.D.
Shirley directs research at Patanjali Research Foundation, Haridwar, India patanjaliresearchfoundation.com. She is the head of the Indian Council of Medical Research Center for Advanced Research in Yoga and Neurophysiology in Bangalore, India. She researches the physiological effects of yoga, yoga for rehabilitation and health, and higher states of consciousness induced by meditation. She has published 3 books, and over 100 research articles. She practices yoga herself and has a firm belief that yoga can influence all aspects of life positively.
Rose Kress, RYT 500, LFYP-2
Rose began practicing yoga over 15 years ago and has been teaching since 2004. In that time she has focused on the therapeutic aspects of yoga – for the body, mind and soul. Rose teaches class and workshops throughout the Tucson area and has been blessed to teach classes at The Crossings in Austin, TX, at Kripalu in Lenox, MA and at the Flagstaff Yoga Festival and Bisbee Yoga Expo under the guidance of her teacher, Amy Weintraub. Rose has also studied with Rama Jyoti Vernon and has taken the Funtional Yoga Therapy Training with Maria KaliMa. Rose is the Program Manager of the LifeForce Yoga Healing Institute and travels with Amy to assist her in LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Trainings. Rose will be supporting, assisting and teaching from the depths of her knowledge in LifeForce Yoga and yoga therapeutics. You can visit her website yoginirose.com.
Kathryn C. Shafer Ph.D., LCSW, ACSW, CAP, E-500RYT, CPT, LFYP-2
Kathryn is known for her work as a psychotherapist, educator, consultant, and practitioner of mindbody therapies for emotional and physical health. She conducts interventions and assessments for addicts and their families, is a certified yoga instructor, and has authored and conducted research on these and related topics. In psychotherapy sessions, yoga classes, and mindbody retreats Dr. Shafer introduces participants to the YOGAFUN™ program. This individually designed healing program challenges “dis-eased” thinking and beliefs about life, relationships, and stress. Her areas of expertise in the addictions, trauma, and the emotions explore alternative and complimentary practices for children, teens, families, and relationships. Utilizing the whole person approach, Dr. Shafer integrates mental imagery, proper diet and nutrition, exercise and the YOGAFUN™ program in her work.
Copyright © 2012 All rights reserved.