Speaking and Training
Training for Mental Health professionals, Addiction Professionals and Yoga Teachers.
For over 30 years, Dr. Kathryn Shafer has been known for her work as a licensed psychotherapist, certified addiction professional, certified yoga therapist, certified EMDR Practitioner and consultant in training, author, professor, and corporate consultant.
Dr. Kathy has conducted 100+ presentations and workshops, and has appeared on numerous radio and television programs to discuss diverse topics pertaining to relationships, substance abuse, trauma, depression, stress and living with chronic health conditions (asthma, cancer, PTSD).
Her professional experiences and personal journey with trauma and cancer lay the foundation for her ability to relate to and address a myriad of concerns impacting all age groups in diverse settings. Dr. Kathy specializes in training healthcare providers to identify the right tools to best serve their clients, including EMDR, Yoga Nidra, Mental Imagery and other Cognitive Behavior therapies in relation to Addiction, Trauma and Family Dynamics.
“[Dr. Kathy's] training offered me the opportunity to become more familiar with innovative and holistic interventions in relation to breath work, yoga, and movement in general. Practice sessions offered during the training, helped me to hone skills that I have since been able to weave into group and individual sessions.” – Cathleen B.
Upcoming and Past Events:
- Integrative and Complementary Approaches for Behavioral Health: Utilizing Talk, Movement, YogaFUN(TM) & EMDR Related Therapies at Hanley Resource Center, West Palm Beach, May 8-9, 2020.
- How to Motivate Unmotivated & Entitled Teens, followed by Stress Management Tools for Middle Schoolers. One hour presentation to parents, and one hour presentation to 80 middle school children held at The Pine School, Hobe Sound, Florida, November 2019
- Relationships in Addicted Families: When Normal People are Impacted by Abnormal Situations. Sponsored by the Florida Chapter of NASW. This 1 CEU Workshop was held at Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Boca Raton Florida, November 2019.
- EMDR Training: Integrating EMDR into your Clinical Practice, a 5-day Intensive. EMDRIA approved EMDR training course led by Carole Lovell, Miami, Florida. November 2019
- Becoming Your Own Loving Parent With Yoga Nidra (1.5 hours). Experiential and didactic class for yoga students, teachers, and health care professionals on the importance of relaxation as self care. Stillwaters Yoga, Maumee, Ohio, May 2019.
"For beginners and experienced yoga practitioners alike, the [Integrative and Complementary Approaches for Behavioral Health] workshop is great for everyone! Both Dr. Shafer and Dr. Tebb are extremely passionate presenters, and they clearly care a lot about bringing yoga practices into mental health. And they have an abundance of knowledge and experience! I learned a great deal from their hands-on approach, and I have already incorporated these yoga experiences into my personal and professional practice. I would highly recommend attending their workshops!" - Doug B.
- EMDR related techniques
- Advanced Relaxation Skills (Yoga Nidra)
- YogaFUN™: Integrating conventional psychotherapy with self-regulation practices of yoga, mental imagery, and breath work.
Specialized Training For:
- Yoga teachers
- Addiction professionals
- Physical therapists
- And more...
- Staff training
- Conference keynote or session speaker
- Group training
- One-on-one consultation
Inquire About Training
If you’re interested in having Dr. Kathy conduct a workshop, training course or speak at your event, please send her a message below or call (561) 799-6789.